|Brief Job Description:|
|Mission/ Core purpose of the Job: (Short description)
This role will manage financial accounting, period end close activities and statutory reporting with responsibility for managing the preparation of monthly reporting to MTN Group Finance including the monitoring of all other reports sent to MTN Group and local reporting for tax authorities (DSF) as well as financials for The Board of Directors. This will include coordination with our external auditors for the half year, Hard Close and year end audits for both IFRS and Local GAAP (SYSCOHADA/Banking Chart of Accounts -PCEC).This role is expected to partner with FINANCE Centres of Excellence to ensure integration and efficiency of processes which span across Oracle workflows and non-workflows processes and would involve interactions and partnering with different functional departments at Opco, Finance Shared Services Centre (SSC) and Finance Centres of Excellence (CoE) interacting with Opco Chief Financial Officer (CFO), General Manager, Finance Service Delivery at SSC, external auditors, banks and legal agencies if need be.This role overeas all procurement activities for the OpCo. The role works in close association with GSSC to ensure compliance and adherence to GCSS guidelines and undertakes local sourcing at the OpCo level – right from demand management & forecasting to PR/PO management, vendor shortlisting, onboarding, inventory management and resource allocations. This role also oversees treasury management and Account payable/Receivable processes.
|Detailed Job Description:|
• Ensure establishment of robust financial services systems to provide timely, accurate and consistent inputs for management and statutory reporting.
• Oversight and accountability for the maintenance and management of Financial processes, procedures and controls to ensure that all risks identified are mitigated and addressed in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide cross functional business support and decision making where needed to ensure correct actions are taken in accordance with the best interest of the business.
• Ensure preparation and maintenance of financial services policies & procedures for the Opco.
• Oversee Opco site support functions ensuring operational work related to fund mobilization, services, cash handling & disbursements, book keeping and timely payments to vendors are as per defined service level agreements.
• Supervise the maintenance of the books of accounts as per the standard services practices.
• Work closely with the site support team to reconcile bills raised by contractors/vendors/suppliers ensuring timely payments as per the contractual conditions and SLAs.
• Ensure minimal lead times for rendering support to the internal customers and ensure minimal process/operational breakdowns.
• In coordination with the tax unit, ensure the operational work in compliance with the local/international Tax and regulations.
• Manage intercompany relations and transactions relating to financial matters like funds transfer, etc.
• Manage all accounting entries into the financial system ensuring full compliance with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and Local Accounting Standards, overseeing period close, consolidation and intercompany processes performed in the Financial Accounting function.
• Partner with the Finance Centres of Excellence (CoE) and the Shared Services Centre (SSC), as applicable is to ensure integration and efficiency of processes and programs that drive and support the services offered by the Financial Services sub-units ensuring synergistic benefits to improve OpCo efficiency and ability to concentrate on core business as well as employee satisfaction and productivity.
• Manage and nurture stakeholder relationships both Internal and external (Vendor and bank relationships as well as Internal and External Audit relationships).
Treasury & Cash Management
• Direct and ensure effective cash flow management with MTN Guidelines, suggest corrective actions in case of process deviations and escalate issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure management of cash and bank funds receipts and its approval
• Approve and sanction the bank related vouchers, reconciliation statements etc, as applicable.
• Provide support to the treasury activities of the organization to ensure gain of returns on the corporate level investments.
• Management of contractual obligations with our partners and manage and report on financial governance and liquidityPeriod end Activities and reporting (covering all period end activities across all accounts and business units)
• Direct and review month-end closure and reporting to ensure that they are all aligned to the services system.
• Direct and review results and highlighted variances and approve corrective actions
• Direct and review financial statements created in line with the statutory reporting requirements
• Direct and review monthly, quarterly, biannual commentaries, as well as financial commentaries to be presented to the Audit Committee Board.
• Direct and review technical accounting statement and adoption into practice for a smooth transition into business reporting.
– A Degree in Finance or Accounting, management or related field
– Relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
– Chartered or Certified Accountant preferred.Experience
– A minimum of 4 to 6 years’ total experience in a similar position with at least 2 years in a managerial role
– Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred
– Experience in the banking sector with monthly reporting to the Banking Commission(COBAC) will be of great advantage.
– Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding emerging markets is preferred
– Relationship/people management
– Analytical thinking
– Continuous improvement
– Data interpretation
– Delivery focused
– Relationship building
– Financial reconciliation
– AP/AR, payments and claims
– Revenue assurance
– Financial performance monitoring
– Financial planning and forecasting
– Financial consolidation
– Financial reporting
– Financial modelling & analytics
– IFRS and local GAAP (SYSCOHADA/PCEC)
– Financial audit
– Regulatory Reporting to financial Service regulator like Cobac (Spectra), Beac
Email : MTNRecruits.CM@mtn.com
Deadline : 07 January 2022