|Brief Job Description:|
|Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
Lead the implementation of Corporate Communications, Stakeholder Management and CSR strategies to ensure that MTN Cameroon is seen to be a responsible investor & a corporate citizen and can pursue its business objectives without impediment.
|Detailed Job Description:|
|Staff Leadership & Management
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates. The Corporate Affairs sub-function must therefore ensure successful delivery in the context of:
• Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff motivation is high to achieve high performance areas.
• Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity.
• Guide and direct suppliers and third parties in achieving Opco objectives.
• Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions.
• Manage team (including recruitment, on-boarding, attrition)
• Set goals and objectives for direct reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation
• Set up appropriate structure to meet departmental management objectives
• Provide an advisory function on governance and best practices in client
• Design the Corporate Communications and Stakeholder engagement strategy to have the company, its mission, programs, products, services, achievements and performance, consistently presented in strong and positive ways to relevant stakeholders;
• Define MTN Cameroon’s social responsibility strategy;
• Prepare the annual Corporate Affairs work plan and ensure the effective execution thereof to ensure the business objectives are achieved;
• Strategically position the company in the Cameroonian market and landscape as a key player in the domains of innovation, quality of services and contribution to the development of the country;
• Build an ecosystem of MTN advocates and ambassadors that enables ROI and will protect the business at critical times;
• Permanently assess the country’s political, economic and social climate;
• Develop and maintain an open and cordial relationships with governmental and administrative authorities, mass media, associations and communities;
• Proactively manage stakeholders’ expectations;
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key influencers and create an enabling environment for dialogue;
• Influence telecommunications’ policy through: 1- effective but ethical lobbying and partnerships with Government / key stakeholders, 2- input into the debate, legislation, raising awareness and advocacy on ICT industry to enable growth, 3- educating key government players and the public;
• Influence media, journalists and relevant bloggers on company and telecommunications issues and direction;
• Maintain a well-informed and motivated workforce through effective internal communication initiatives and channels;
• Provide guidance, expert assistance to MTN management and staff, to promote effective communication in ways that are in full compliance with MTN’s overall communication strategy;
• Supervise both the content and the format of press releases and speeches;
• Develop and implement an emergent strategy to address issues management and crisis communication;
• Ensure effective management of MTN Foundation impactful and sustainable programs, in compliance with legal requirements and MTN Group guidelines;
• Assume a representational role as the primary external interface between the Company, the Government, institutions and communities in social matters.
• Minimum of 3 year university degree in Communication / Public Relations / Marketing / Political or Social Science / Law
• MBA/ Masters will be advantageous
• At least 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar role in the industry, government or in consultancy;
• Significant experience in working with senior management teams, formulating and implementing corporate strategy;
• Experience in hands-on, live crisis management is key.
• Experience in Telecommunications industry is an advantage
• Strategy Formulator
• Decisive Problem Solver
• Innovative Value Creator
• Results Achiever
• Operationally AstuteBehavioral qualities:
•Inspirational People Leader
•Culture & Change Champion
• In-depth knowledge of Cameroon’s economic, political and social context;
• Expert knowledge of Corporate Communication and stakeholder management;
• Perfect knowledge of crisis communication;
• Good understanding of basic GSM;
• Understanding of the decision-making by the Political Executive and the mode of policy implementation;
• Good understanding of corporate social responsibility;
• Intimate knowledge of the working media in Cameroon including media ownership arrangement, editorial policy, audience demographics and circulation figures;
• Competency set to manage Corporate Communications channels end-to-end ensuring effectiveness (impact) and process efficiency (correct utilization of resources);
• Good mastering of Social and digital media;
• Strong command of both French and English languages.
Email : MTNRecruits.CM@mtn.com
Deadline : 06 May 2021